Full-Time Position (1 Year initial Contract)
Our HOGC story is a testament that young people can do great things, and that with God, all things are possible. In HOGC, we have a story that the world needs to hear.
As our Communications Manager, you will be responsible for managing aspects of HOGC's internal and external communications. You will work with a team to support different facets of our church's communications across our different platforms (traditional media, online, web, etc.). You will craft communication strategies and serve as the media liaison for the church.
If you are interested in impacting the Church, Local and Global communities for Jesus and embarking on pioneering communications work, read on to see if this role is for you.
- Craft a proactive communication strategy to promote the mission and story of HOGC
- Work with our Events Team to market, inform and promote our events and campaigns
- Provide final edit and writing for written materials
- Monitor the look, vibe and feel of HOGC assets and monitor the use of logos and images that represent HOGC
- Proactively seek, collect, and promote HOGC stories and develop ways to creatively communicate those stories via blogs, videos, interviews, newsletter, and other formats
- Create positive relationships with relevant media outlets
- Develop policy and procedures related to media relations
- Work with staff, leaders and volunteers to define, develop and communicate to relevant audiences internally and externally
- At least 3+ years experience in communications, public relations, journalism or related fields
- You have experience leading a team (i.e. you are a people manager, or managing vendors / freelancers or all of the above)
- Passion for getting our HOGC story heard both locally and globally
- You are relational, and you are a people person (i.e. everybody loves you!)
- You are able to write and communicate clearly
- Can stay laser focused over time to achieve long-term objectives
- You love collaborating and finding out what everyone thinks
- You find creative, out-of-the-box solutions to challenges
- Always progressing your skills and expertise. You are aware of the latest social media, communications and design trends
- You possess a unique ability to work with a variety of people at all levels of an organisation.