Full-Time Position (1 Year initial Contract)
In HOGC, we believe that details determine destiny. As an Analyst, you will work with a team to organise, analyse and report data that enable us to build a Strong Church!
We are looking for someone who can plough through data sets, combine quantitative and qualitative data, and identify trends to tell the story hidden within the data.
As an Analyst, you will answer questions such as:
- How "deep" is our Deep Bench across 50 ministries and across 900+ volunteers?
- What's the ideal frequency of rostering a ministry crew that meets the needs of the ministry and takes care of the crew pastorally?
If you love challenges and are drawing insights from numbers, read more below.
You will be:
- Answering strategic questions to build a Strong Church
- Understanding department goals and data needs and determining how data can be organised and used to answer questions and indicate health
- Enhancing systems for reporting and processing information requests
- Translating data into charts/graphics and use your research skills to provide valuable reports and insights for decision making
- Owning a series of monthly and weekly reports that support our leaders and staff
- At least 2+ years experience in research, analytics or managing data
- You have exceptional analytical skills and are a very curious person who asks ‘Why?’ all the time.
- Highly skilled in Excel and love spreadsheets
- Impeccable research skills and ability to work with uncertainty
- Are exceptionally organised and loves to meet deadlines
- Excited about 10,000 rows in Excel but also excited to tell a great story
- Can maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- You have experience managing a team (and you love doing so!)
- When reading the papers or news magazines, you are more excited looking at dashboards, well-designed charts, tables and infographics than the news itself
- Even though you appreciate a good spreadsheet, you know most people would rather look at a picture or a chart, so you turn numbers and data into easy-to-read visuals
- You understand statistics and know how to get everyone else excited about p-value