Social Media Writer (Copywriter)
Full-Time Position (1 Year initial Contract)
freelance position (Project-basis)
As our copywriter, you’ll create content that tells the story of HOGC and brings people closer to God. You are passionate about telling the world what God has done in HOGC!
- Write engaging captions for our HOGC social media accounts
- Write effective and engaging copy for print, video, websites for our events and campaigns (e.g. taglines for events)
- Partner with our Events and Comms Team to develop strong concepts
- Edit and proofread copy to ensure no grammatical errors
- Explore new writing styles
- Strong HOGC DNA -- you live, breathe our core values, vision and mission
- 2+ years relevant work experience (or 2 years of writing your own posts) – as long as you have experience that you can show in the form of writing samples.
- You love social media
- You are funny and witty. You have one-liners up your sleeve
- You know the difference between imply and infer.
- You think long and write short.
Nice to have:
- Design experience
- You are a Grammar Nazi. You count “Sense of Style” as one of your favourite books
- Good general knowledge – you know whats happening in the world
- You come up with at least 30 options when writing a headline before you find what you’re looking for
- You are excellent with administrative tasks